Partial Denture Pasadena, Deer Park Texas:
An option for missing teeth is to utilize a removable partial denture. This is an appliance made out of acrylic and metal that grabs / clasps onto the remaining teeth. This is a quick solution to missing teeth. However, removable partial dentures have numerous problems.
Problems of Removable Partial Dentures:
1. Increase Bone Loss
2. Increased Cavities on clasped teeth
3. Increased Mobility on clasped teeth leading to additional tooth loss
4. Traps food
5. Greater Plaque retention
6. Increased infection and bleeding on clasped teeth
7. Speech Troubles
8. Alters taste
9. Sleeping next to your teeth at night
10. Patients don’t wear (or can’t tolerate) the removable appliance
With dental implants, all of the problems of removable teeth can be eliminated. Dental implants represent the most advanced dental treatment for missing teeth. Dental implants do not damage natural teeth. Dental implants look, function and feel like natural teeth. The implants can never get decay and will never need a root canal.
About: Dr. Michael Nugent is a Pasadena, Texas Dentist that focuses of Cosmetic, Family, Implant and Sedation Dentistry. He has become a local leader in Dental Implants. His office is located at 3421 Burke Rd STE A, Pasadena, Texas 77504.